Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May the 4th be with you!

Star Wars has survived the apocalypse. So has its rival, Star Trek. Find out how in this survivor’s tale that was just published by Sick Lit Magazine.

Here is a brief excerpt:

We said, “Save the world or die trying.”
Most of us did the latter.
Things like extinction or total annihilation were never certain. We just knew the demonic alliance used their fire and magic with no regard for the destruction they caused.
We tried to preserve the earth. She was our mother. We couldn’t bear to harm her, even in her own defense.
They won. We lost.
For a long time, I thought I’d died and gone to Hell. I floated in cold darkness, never quite awake, but never fully asleep. I couldn’t get warm. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment